Campagnolo Shamal Mille C17 Road Clincher Wheelset 2019
Campagnolo's Shamal Mille C17 Road Clincher Wheelset represents the premium standard in performance aluminium racing wheels. The chic surface treatment that gives this wheelset its smooth and smart dark look also represents a major performance improvement. This treatment allows sure-footed and sturdy braking power over and above normal aluminium rims, regardless of weather conditions.
The C17 rim ensures a better rim/tyre connection and an enhanced performance, especially when using 25mm and 28mm tyres. This stylish wheelset gets an upgrade by way of black anodised nipples to complete its minimalist dark look. The Shamal Mille™ is certain to have heads turning by both the competition on race day and those beside you at traffic lights.
- Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation: It offers an elegant finish and enhances braking power and modularity
- Toroidal Milling Spiral Groove on the Braking Track: Reduces braking distance while maintaining silent braking
- Differentiated Rim Height: Front (24mm - 27 mm) and rear (27mm - 30 mm)
- Dynamic Balance™
- MoMag™: Allows the external profile of the rim to be free of holes
- Aerodynamic Spokes in Aluminium: Maximum air penetration, less weight and greater reactivity
- Differentiated Spokes: 16 radial spokes for the front, 21 spokes for the rear, doubled on the right and exclusive Mega-G3™ spokes to reduce vibration, increase stiffness and transmission of power to the wheel
- Black Nipples: Black oxidation finishing self-locking aluminium nipples outside the rim. Allows easy maintenance and less truing over the wheel lifetime
- Spokes Anti-Rotation System: It keeps the spokes in position of maximum aerodynamics
- Ceramic USB Bearings with Differentiated Diameters: 28mm for the front, 30mm for the rear. Less friction, less weight, greater smoothness and the same performance over time
- Hub Body in Carbon: High lateral stiffness, reducing weight to a minimum
- Axle in Aluminium: Low weight, high stiffness
- Oversized Flange: It increases torsional stiffness, increasing its reactivity at every change in the cyclist’s pace
- Weight: 1.459kg (Pair)
- Colour: Black
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Option: Shimano Freehub, Campag Freehub
- Speed: 10/11 Speed
USB™ - Ultra Smooth Bearings: Hubs with USB™ ceramic bearings further enhance the wheels' smoothness and reduce weight and the need for maintenance. Comparative tests have shown that USB™ bearings are 50% smoother than standard bearings.
G3™ Geometry: Campagnolo® has developed an assembly architecture which, compared with a traditional wheel, makes it possible to improve energy transfer, reduce the stress on the spokes on the right and increase transverse rigidity. This is achieved because in G3™ geometry the right-hand side of the rear wheel is fitted with twice as many spokes as the left.
The results of the G3™ system are truly extraordinary: better transfer of the driving torque, better lateral rigidity, and reduction of the stress in the rear wheel spokes. Thanks to the G3™ system that compensates for the forces acting on the 2 sides of the wheel, there are no more wheel vibrations, even for heavier people.
MoMag™: A technology that offers several advantages to the structural integrity of the wheel as well as eliminating the need for rim tape. The name derives from “Mounting Magnet” system, shortened to MoMag™.
RIM Dynamic Balance™ – Aluminium Wheels: The concept is simple and elegant, balance the weight of the gasket, with an item of similar weight placed on the exact opposite side. For top models, this is obtained by a special operation on the section of the rim opposite the rim joint.